Allllrighty. Today’s topic is one that will probably hit home with a lot of you. Lifestyle slip-ups.
Remember my post on the Skinny Belle Lifestyle? Where you eat healthy 80% of the time and treat-yoself the other 20%? Yes, that one. If you missed the post check it out by clicking here, it’s good stuff you if you ask me. 🙂 So anyways, sometimes we all have lifestyle slip-ups. (Notice I am not saying the word “diet”, refer to the Skinny Belle Lifestyle post for more info on this.) I am talking about when you overindulge for a few days… or weeks… <— if we are being honest here haha.
Lifestyle slip-ups can happen for a world of reasons. Vacation, travel for work, birthday parties, holidays, you name it. It happens to the best of us.
I want to share with you what I do when I have a few days of crap eating. Because I am not perfect, nobody is, and life happens sometimes. You should never live with regret, and slipping up can just be motivation to treat your body better than you ever had before!
Here are my top 5 ways I like to get myself back to eating clean and healthy (80/20) after a slip-up:
Mini juice-cleanse your mornings. I don’t really like to do multi-day or even day-long cleanses… because hangry is not a pretty look on anyone haha. (And let me tell you girl gets real hangry.) What I like to do after a period of poor eating is to do mini-juice cleanses in the morning for about 3 – 5 days. This means I will have a fresh pressed green juice (read more on green juices by clicking here) for breakfast and avoid eating lunch up until 12 – 1 pm. This gives your body time to rest and recover from all the junk food over the past few days. When you do eat your nutrient-packed lunch (whatever it may be) it will taste even better because you have let your stomach settle for the morning. Plus the green juice will provide you with all the nutrients you will need for the day, so yay green juice!
Getting back into a healthy lifestyle is fully a mindset. I find just engaging in light exercise like power walking or interval training is enough to put me in the “healthy mood.” When you take the time to do something good for your body, you will be more likely to make healthy choices for the rest of the day.
Eat CLEAN! The more natural the foods you eat are, the happier your body will be. Avoid eating refined white sugar and aim to eat raw and whole foods. Eat things like lots of whole grains, big leafy vegetables, and fruits!
Drink as much water as possible! Your body will need the extra hydration after a few days of salty snacks and sweets. The water will also help reduce cravings for more sugary sweets like you had on the weekend.
And there you have it! These are my top 5 tips on how to recover from a lifestyle slip-up. Make sure no matter what you don’t feel guilty about over-indulging with your favourite food for a few days.
As I always say, this is just what works for me! Make sure you do your own research and find out what works best for you to live the healthiest lifestyle possible.
Lots of love <3