This is a major staple food for me. I eat some sort of combination of toast and avocado pretty much every single day. There are probably a million different avo/toast combos I could throw together, but today I practiced my very best self-restraint and kept my shit together and just made one. I was standing there in my kitchen debating making about 10 different avo/toast creations and shooting them all at once but realistically that is a bit much. I mean, I don’t want to come on too strong to you guys or anything. LOL. Ya so anyways, this is one of my fave avo/toast recipes to make.
Here’s the skinny on what is in this glorious stack:
- Silver Hills Bakery’s “Little Big Bread” (so good, you should buy it)
- Roma tomatoes/grape tomatoes
- Lemon juice
- Coarse sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Toast the toast. Put everything else on top. BOOM. That was easy.
Okay so why am I so into avocado? Other than the fact that is tastes delicious and is basically natures version of butter. Here are some of my favourite things about eating avocados:
1) Healthy fats!!! These are the best. Why? They make your skin glow, increase vitamin and mineral absorption, and help boost your immune system. Another added benefit of eating healthy fats is how they keep you more satisfied and fuller for longer. Happiness!
2) High in fiber! There are about 6 – 7 grams fiber in half of a regular sized avocado. Eating avocado will significantly improve your digestion.
3) Potassium! Avocados have more potassium than bananas. Potassium is known to reduce blood pressure, build muscle, and preserving bone mineral density. Pretty important stuff if you ask me.
If you arnt already hopping in your car to go buy some avocados I am not sure what is wrong with you. Haha! Kiddingggg 🙂 But really, this is such a tasty meal you need to try it. The best thing about toast and avocado? It can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, OR dinner. Amazing, I know. 😉