SPINACH + KALAMATA OLIVE PASTA

Skinny-Belle (1 of 10)

Skinny-Belle (3 of 10)

Skinny-Belle (10 of 10)

Skinny-Belle (7 of 10)

Skinny-Belle (6 of 10)

Skinny-Belle (8 of 10)

 

Pasta pasta pasta. Is there a better comfort food? Whenever it is a bit chilly out I always want to cozy up with a big bowl of pasta.

Usually I am all about the regular wheat pasta (cuz YUM), but lately I have been feeling like eating a little bit healthier. There has been a lot of junk food happening in my world. Think: M&M’s, chocolate, chips of any and all kinds…. etc. Remember that post about eating healthy 80% of the time and junk food the other 20% (aka the Skinny Belle Lifestyle)? Well the past few weeks for me have been a little more like 60% 40%.

**I will have a post coming soon on how to bounce back from lifestyle slip-ups!**

Lifestyle slip-ups (aka eating a bunch of crap food for a few days) happen to the best of us. I am definitely not perfect and it happens to me too. Birthdays, vacations, parties… that shit can get you haha.

Anyways, let’s just say the size of my ass has been increasing at an alarming rate. So to help get things back in balance I made this dinner with kamut grain pasta instead of wheat pasta. Kamut grain is easier to digest than wheat because of the high quantity of dietary fibre. Kamut grain also has way more protein than regular wheat! So, yay healthy choices 🙂

Want to try this super flavourful dish for yourself?

Ingreds:

  • Kamut grain pasta (I like this brand)
  • Pitted kalamata olives
  • 3 – 4 cloves of minced garlic (I like to put lots cuz yolo and flavours) 
  • 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh Italian parsley 
  • Feta cheese
  • 2 large handfuls of spinach
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Cracked sea salt

Step 1: Start by cooking your pasta, and just follow the directions on whatever kind you end up buying. Beware, kamut grain pasta cooks WAY faster than wheat pasta. So read them directions reallllll careful. 

Step 2: While the pasta is cooking, roughly chop up your fresh Italian parsley.

Step 3: Set pasta aside when it’s done cooking, strain and mix in a little olive oil. Put a pan on the stove (medium heat) and add a few generous glugs of extra virgin olive oil.  Add the parsley, kalamata olives, and garlic to the EVOO. Let simmer for a few minutes to get niceee and flavourful. 

Step 4: Add your pasta and spinach to the pan on top of the other ingreds. Stir everthing about so it is all mixed and then squeeze the lemon juice over all of this big beautiful mess. Uhg, so hungry while writing this up. Struggles. 

Step 5: Put on a plate (duh, I know) and then add your crumbled feta cheese on top. And finish the whole deal with some fresh cracked salt and pepper. DELISH.

You are welcome. Your Monday night dinner just got that much better. Anddddd you will feel great after eating this because you chose a healthier option! 

Little side note about kamut grain pasta though, it doesn’t quite hold together as well as regular wheat pasta. Not the worst thing ever, but just an FYI 🙂

Okie so what do you guys think? Yay? Nay? You likeeeee? Comment below 😀

 

x,

 

Robyn-Signature

7 Replies to “SPINACH + KALAMATA OLIVE PASTA”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.