So flavourful you will want this morning, noon, and night.
Flawless. Literally flawless. Today I took the Middle Eastern dish called Shakshouka, and spiced it up Skinny Belle style. What does this mean? Adding ALL THE FLAVOUR.
For real I am not even exaggerating with how fantastical this meal is. The best part? It will fly as a breakfast lunch or dinner. Diversity at its best.
- 3 – 4 large organic brown eggs
- Your favourite tomato sauce (I like to use the Classico Florentine Spinach and Cheese sauce. My friend told me I should be ashamed at this because I am Italian hahah)
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 3-4 garlic cloves (the more the merrier)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
Step 1: Heat up your frying pan with the EVOO to medium/low heat. Cook the chopped red onion until it is soft. Be careful not to overcook it. Add the garlic in at the last minute and just begin to cook it (it burns super easy so be careful.)
Step 2: Add in the tomato sauce, worchestershire, and cumin. Stir, bring to a low boil, and reduce to low heat.
Step 3: Stir in parsely and simmer on low for about 5 – 10 mins.
Step 4: Make egg sized holes in the sauce, and crack the eggs into them. Cover the pan and poach for about 5-7 minutes.
Step 5: Spoon egg and tomato sauce over toast and ENJOY!!
I will be eating this all week long, without a doubt. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!