Having a clean and simple 5-minute makeup look is a total necessity for me. If you are running late for work, school, or just life in general (it happens to the best of us,) this is a great way to look polished and put together in only a few minutes.
Before we dive on into things here, I feel the need to share my “daytime makeup philosophy” with you. LESS. IS. MORE. (<– bold anddd italicized because it is THAT important!) I am all about keeping my makeup as natural and simple as possible during the daytime. That way you can show off your natural beauty, and pretend like you don’t wear makeup at all. (AKA the lies we tell men all the time haha! I still maintain a strong front to my boyfriend that I never wear makeup 😉 )
Makeup is supposed to enhance your natural beauty, not cover it all up. Soooo, to look your most gorgeous during the daytime, be sure your makeup is bringing out your best features and not hiding them!
For my first makeup tutorial I will start with this super simple makeup look that is literally done in less than 5 minutes. This is important for efficiency queens like ourselves, because we obviously have important things to do and people to see! 😉
Here’s the skinny on how to get my 5-minute makeup look:
1) Start by applying a light powder to your whole face. Get it alllll over! Your eyelids and everything.
2) Next, contour your face by adding your bronzer. Go heavier on the bronzer on the frame of your face and just below your cheekbones to get a more defined look. My fave bronzer is Chanel’s “Healthy Glow Sheer.”
3) Eye shadow time! All you do here is take a light matte color, and put it in your inner eye lid and just below the arch of your eyebrow. This will open up your eye and make it look brighter. The Naked Basics palette (featured in the photos above) is my go-to shadow set for the day. As you can see I use the “W.O.S” shade every day haha.
4) Now take a slightly darker color (neutral and matte as well) and carefully blend it in to the crease of your eyelid to make those big beautiful eyes pop! I used “Naked 2” from my Naked Basics palette.
5) Last step!! (See? I told you this was ridiculously easy) Mascara!!! This is the holy grail of makeup. For me, it is the most important step of all. I could skip all the rest and still be happy with just mascara haha. So apply your mascara evenly right from the base of your lashes all the way up. It is super important to get the mascara right down the base of your lashes, especially if you have light coloured hair. This way you wont have any awkward blonde lashes peeking out at the roots. I have used the same mascara since forever, and it is…. * drum roll * Lancome Hypnose!! It is seriously the best. Just go buy it now, and you won’t regret it… promise!
And you are done!! This look is really simple, and is a super quick fix for anyone who is in a rush. Nobody will know that you spent less than 5 minutes getting ready, and you can get along with ruling the world, like I know you do 😉
Give this quick look a try, and tell me what you think in the comments below!